Senior Tax Manager
Job posted date: 25 May 2022
Job location: Dublin or Shannon, Ireland
AerCap is seeking a motivated individual to join the Tax team as Senior Tax Manager. This position is a permanent role and the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Milestone Aviation Group (‘Milestone’) on a wide range of tax matters, arising in connection with the acquisition and sale of helicopters, sale-leasebacks and cross-border operating lease transactions and related matters. This includes responsibility for reviewing transaction documentation, discussing tax matters with Milestone customers and helicopter OEMs and managing certain group structuring/planning activity.
AerCap is the global leader in aircraft leasing with a portfolio of over 2,000 aircraft, over 900 engines, and over 300 helicopters, together with an order book of approximately 450 of the most in-demand new technology aircraft in the world. AerCap serves approximately 300 customers around the world with comprehensive fleet solutions.
AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and has its headquarters in Dublin with offices in Miami, Shannon, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Seattle, Toulouse and other locations around the world.
The individual will be an integral part of the Milestone team and will be responsible for delivering tax services to the business. Reporting to the Tax Vice President the main responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Transaction review planning, structuring and implementation.
- Work with assigned deal teams to evaluate international tax risks associated with various types of transactions, with a view to mitigating any risks arising.
- Review and negotiation of all lease, sale and ancillary documentation for tax purposes.
- Advise business on a wide variety of tax issues related to general corporate matters.
- Liaise with stakeholders in the business regarding tax matters.
- Maintain knowledge of changes to tax legislation and practice and how they relate to the company and tax strategy. Communicate to the business as necessary.
- Work closely with the AerCap tax team as required to ensure any deal related compliance matters are highlighted and dealt with.
- Liaise with external advisors in managing certain foreign tax compliance obligations.
Job Requirements, Qualifications & Competencies
- The Senior Tax Manager should have at least three year’s management experience in taxation preferably within industry/ financial services or big four firm.
- The candidate should be AITI and/or ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Aviation Leasing experience.
- Indirect tax experience within the EU.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate complex tax issues, risks and opportunities to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner.
- Well organised, diligent and detail orientated.
- Manage several complex transactions simultaneously, across numerous time zones and departments.
- Ability to build strong working relationships within both the business and externally with customers and third parties.
- Work constructively and proactively within a team in order to discuss and resolve issues as they arise.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Hard working team player, flexible and able to perform under pressure.
- Ability to act on own initiative, take responsibility, motivate and lead others effectively.
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference Number: TI002- Senior Manager,Tax