Senior Tax Manager – 12 Month Contract
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job posted date: 15 September 2020
Department: Finance - Tax & Treasury
Duration: Fixed Term Contract
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 24 billion digitized global historical records, 100 million family trees, and 16+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain actionable insights about their health and wellness. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
We are seeking an experienced tax professional on a fixed 12 month period to join our International HQ in Dublin. Reporting to the Head of Tax in Lehi, Utah, USA, and working closely with our international finance department in Dublin, this position is responsible for all taxation related projects and compliance outside of the US. In addition, they will supervise a Senior Tax Analyst based in Dublin who oversees international tax compliance and assists with projects and other day to day tasks.
What You Will Be Doing?
- Responsibility for international tax (compliance and consulting)
- Oversight of international tax compliance
- Responsibility for tax issues arising on expansion, product launches, global restructuring etc.
- Responsibility for transfer pricing including Revenue interaction, oversight on agreements, reports etc.
- Monitor the changing international tax environment e.g. OECD changes, DST, BREXIT etc.
- Proactively monitor changing business practices to ensure that tax position and reporting is properly aligned with tax environment
- Liaise with senior leadership and advise on tax implications of strategic business decisions
- Management of tax audits and, communication, including liaising with local advisers as required
- Review and approve quarterly reporting to ensure accuracy of group tax provision
- Review and approve local statutory tax provision for annual financial statements
Who You Are?
- 9+ years of tax experience
- Qualified Taxation and Accounting professional
- Industry experience strong positive but not required
- Experience in VAT and transfer pricing necessary
- Able to act independently, exercising independent decision making, and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive attitude, who excels both independently and as part of a team
- Solid accounting and technical skills
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means