Senior Indirect Tax Manager
Date Posted: 23 September 2019
The tax team report to the Tax Director who reports directly into the group’s CFO and leads a high-profile tax function based in the group’s Hammersmith and Dublin offices. The team work closely with the business to understand the challenges facing the group and devise appropriate solutions to manage the group’s tax affairs and ensure compliance with all tax reporting requirements.
The post holder will report to the Head of Indirect Tax and will be primarily focussed on VAT matters across the group, monitoring and advising on any VAT changes and ensuring the group is compliant with VAT rules as well as advising and assisting with decision making for the various operating entities.
- Monitoring and understanding changes to both domestic and international VAT rules which could significantly impact on the group and advising the business of the impact of any changes
- Identifying and implementing any VAT planning and saving opportunities or VAT improvements for the group
- Advising the business on the indirect tax implications of new business ventures, activities and products
- Involvement in analysing the VAT impact of any merger or acquisition activity within the group
- Reviewing contracts from a VAT perspective
- Reviewing and signing off certain VAT returns which will be prepared by the compliance team and reviewed by the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager in advance
- Managing/overseeing any VAT queries or audits from tax authorities in various jurisdictions
- Dealing with day to day VAT issues arising within the business
- Key point of contact for the business on VAT matters
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- AITI, ACA/ACCA, CTA qualified with substantial relevant experience in industry or practice.
- Strong working knowledge of VAT and experience providing VAT advice and working with advisors.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organisation and project management skills
- Team player who can communicate well across a range of channels and audiences and work with others across the organisation to get things done.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://betfairhr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN12144&Source=IrishTaxInstitute