Senior Direct Tax Specialist – Lenovo
Job posted date: 20 April 2023
Job location: Dublin or Ireland(remote) or Amsterdam
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description and Requirements
We are currently looking for a Senior Direct Tax Specialist to cover the whole EMEA region.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to primarily assist in the direct tax compliance and tax accounting function in EMEA. As the successful candidate grows into the role, the candidate will then support tax strategy and business partner advisory whilst continuing the tax compliance function.
This role will provide the candidate with exposure to Europe, Middle East and African tax compliance laws and systems, tax controversy experience, transfer pricing and advisory work related to Lenovo’s current and emerging business transactions.
These are your detailed responsibilities:
- Assist in overall direct tax related matters for in-charge entities, including business projects, acquisition projects or other projects;
- Assist in overview and administering direct tax compliance for in-charge EMEA entities to ensure the filings are accurate and fully in line with local tax law and regulations;
- Assist in controlling and monitoring tax reporting, including tax forecast and provisions (Income tax + DTA + WHT), and manage the effective tax rate of in-charge EMEA entities;
- Assist in overview and administering of the transfer pricing (TP) matters for in-charge entities with the support of the Direct Tax Manager.
- Assist in managing the tax audit process with proactive coordination with different teams;
- Assist in providing tax support to business and other functions in various activities including but not limited to business transactions, new business model and legal entity set up, etc.;
- Assist in Tax transformation projects in EMEA region;
- Support tax manager on other tax related matters;
- Assist in managing relationship with local government and tax authorities
What you’ll bring/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor or master degree in Tax or relevant majors;
- Tax qualification or other equivalent qualification is a plus;
- At least 3-year relevant EMEA tax experience (substantial experiences gained from Big 4 Firms and MNCs would be a plus);
- Self-driven, results oriented with strong ability to multitask and organize priorities.
- Excellent planning, analytical, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Strong Knowledge of Excel. Experience with SAP or other tax reporting software is a plus.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- This role reports directly to the EMEA Direct Tax Manager.
What We Will Offer You:
- An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forward-thinking IT companies
- Flat structures and fast decision-making processes
- A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life, working from home
- An international team with a high focus on Gender Diversity
- Attractive compensation package
We are looking forward to discussing this position with you soon!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.