Senior Corporate Tax Manager
Job posted date: 13 March 2023
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global firm of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We value your contribution to Mazars continued success and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 42,000 professionals – 26,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint a Senior Manager with a minimum of 2 years’ experience at manager level in practice to work in our Corporate Tax Group. Working closely with partners and senior management and having partial responsibility with partners and directors for the management of a team of people, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with a large portfolio of indigenous owner managed and internationally owned businesses, from a range of industries (technology, R&D, manufacturing, distribution), many of which have an international focus. This position will suit an ambitious individual with experience in the provision of practical and innovative tax-based business solutions providing a mix of advisory and compliance services.
What will the role involve?
- Assisting the management team in maintaining and developing the firm’s relationship with a portfolio of clients including co-ordination of service offerings from other departments
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for a portfolio of corporate tax clients
- Working with the Partners and the management team on advising clients on potential structures suitable for their business, transfer pricing and profit repatriations
- Acting as a key member of an integrated client service team working on a wide range of assignments including tax advisory projects
- Contributing towards collective (departmental) targets for billing, net fee income and cash collection as well as personal and firm-wide goals
- Involvement in peer wide training and in team training
- Involvement in business development and marketing initiatives at firm, department and team levels
- Responsibility for staff development and reviewing procedures
- AITI qualified and a qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years working in practice at manager level
- Experience of working in corporation tax compliance including on larger corporates and on tax consultancy assignments
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience in interpreting Irish Tax legislation, relevant commentary and case law
- Experience of operational supervision of assignments and managing of client relationships
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
Block 3 Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0)1 email@example.com