Senior Associate – International Tax (FDI)
Job posted date: 15 September 2023
Job location: Dublin, Ireland
Our Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) team is the leading, largest and only dedicated international tax practice of its kind in Ireland. We work with international companies across all sectors investing in Ireland, helping them deal with a wide range of Irish and international tax matters. We are a team of 11 Partners and over 100 professionals who work with a diverse range of clients, from start-ups to many of the world’s largest multinational companies. We work with clients operating in a wide variety of sectors including technology, internet and media, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, retail and consumer, and manufacturing.
What does this role offer?
While we are the leading and largest international tax practice in Ireland, we have a very collaborative, open and informal style of working together. This ensures that our people at all levels have the opportunity to work on a broad range of clients across many sectors with all members across the team. We regularly engage with our colleagues across other specialist groups in Tax which further enhances the diversity of experience and learning opportunities within this role. Given the international nature of our clients, we provide opportunities for secondments to our Irish clients and to our PwC US offices.
As a Senior Associate, specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work on a challenging, evolving and varied client portfolio, with excellent opportunities to develop into the management of your own portfolio.
- Embrace the digital transformation being undertaken in our business. Being motivated to familiarise yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Assist in the ongoing management of client relationships, business development and participate in various consultancy projects.
- Utilise the flexible working environment with efficient command of personal assignments, while reporting to a team of experienced Senior Management
- Development of your own career. With continuous levels of growth in our tax practice, you will have an excellent opportunity to progress, specialise and travel.
- Mentor and coach trainees, promoting autonomy to make a difference and deliver results.
About you – Key skills and competencies
- At least 3 years experience in Tax Compliance and Consulting
- AITI/CTA part/qualified or an ambition to become tax qualified with a strong academic record.
- Enthusiasm to work with our broad range of FDI international clients, to understand their businesses and work with them to address and manage risk.
- Desire to learn and to apply the knowledge you gain from the regular training sessions we hold on topics that will impact our clients’ businesses.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate a clear commitment to personal learning and development.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. (https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do everyday. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Click this link to apply for this role.