Senior Accountant-Governance & Acquisitions (Hybrid Working Model Available)
Job posted date - 30 July 2021
Job location - Mayo
PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the position of Senior Accountant. This is an important permanent position that advises the senior leadership team on strategic compliance matters and acquisition opportunities. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4600 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture, and distribute market leading workwear, safety wear and PPE in fully owned production facilities.
The primary function of this role is to support Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Group Tax Planning and Compliance requirements globally. This position is an integral role within the department and will allow for many growth opportunities in your career working directly with Senior Management and the Leadership teams.
- Support Group international tax reorganization and provide tax advice for new projects including Income Tax, CGT, and CAT Maintenance of the Transfer Pricing Masterfile and Local Files
- Research local tax legislation and ensure changes in tax legislation identified and addressed proactively. Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks
- Shareholder tax returns/queries/family office support
- Manage the acquisition target database and the process with the appointed advisers
- Review financial information and prepare financial models to perform detailed analysis on prospective acquisition targets for presentation to Senior Leadership and Board of Directors
- Deal with negotiations with targets and drafting of LOIs
- Support Group Banking and amendments to facilities
- Potential to look to establish a light scope Internal Audit function in 2022
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 to 5 years post qual experience, in a relevant industry (Tax or Audit experience in a multinational desirable)
- Relevant third level degree and/or professional qualification.
- Proactive self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set
- Advanced Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint. M3 ERP system experience an advantage but not essential
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
We offer a competitive package commensurate with experience. We also offer attractive benefits such as private healthcare, a wide variety of discounts, pension, onsite parking, and a great office environment where career progression is encouraged and supported. A blend of remote working may be available for this position dependent on location and experience level.
WHAT TO DO NOW
If an opportunity to work for a global Industry leader based in the stunning location of the West of Ireland is of interest. Please apply today with an up-to-date CV and Cover Letter.
- Portwest CEO - Business Man Of The Year - InBusiness Ireland 2020
- Portwest CEO - EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- Great Place to Work 2021
- Deloitte Best Managed Companies 2016-2020
- Exporter of the Year 2018
- Private Irish Business of the Year Export Industry Awards 2019
- Safety Awards Customer Service Winner 2016
- All Stars Export Business of the Year 2017