Regional Tax Manager – Flow
Job posted date - 8 June 2021
Job location - Dublin
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have two open Regional Tax Manager roles due to the rapid expansion of our tax function. We are seeking individuals that are willing to dive in and through their own knowledge and research create and solve for Flow’s global business needs relating to ecommerce tax regulations and compliance including invoice automation. This person will utilize their skills in thinking outside the box and is comfortable with being solutions oriented for both Flow and our clients needs. This person should also enjoy engaging across multiple teams on tax matters along with participating in client and prospect client meetings. This role represents a very exciting opportunity for the person to broaden their experience and skills in international tax issues on a global basis particularly in indirect tax.
This role reports to our Global Indirect Tax & Operations Lead and individually the roles will be based out of our Dublin and Hoboken offices with flexible remote work opportunities.
- Ensure quality review of indirect tax (VAT, GST, sales tax) returns and overseas execution of tax payments
- Research and advise internal stakeholders on advanced international tax issues
- Support new and existing research and products by working cross-functionally to build and maintain scalable tax processes
- Deliver practical tax advice regarding new products and country expansion plans including permanent establishment risk mitigation
- Identify areas for improvement in the indirect tax function and driving implementation of solutions with other cross- team members
- Collaborate and lead special tax projects closely with other internal stakeholders including handling client tax queries
- Comfortable with handling client and prospect clients tax-related inquiries on our products
SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3+ years of experience in Tax operations in a global international tax environment
- Detail oriented, strong research skills
- Ability to translate complex tax concepts across multiple audiences
- Familiarity with the taxation trends for cross-border ecommerce
- Knowledge of marketplace tax regulations an advantage
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal environment while balancing multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
LIFE AT FLOW
At Flow, we look for those with a passion for learning and who desire to have meaningful impact. We are a team of problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. We welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged - come join us!
A little bit about life at Flow:
- We offer competitive health insurance for you and your family, flexible paid time off and retirement saving plans to name a few. All employees are granted stock options so when we say Act Like an Owner is one of our values, we really mean it.
- You can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by kind and talented people who you will learn from and genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally. Every employee has access to LinkedIN Learning and a professional development budget.
- You don't need to come into the office every day because we trust you to deliver exceptional results. We do have certain days designated for everyone to come in since team brainstorming, collaboration and cultural activities are fun to do in person!
- Go karting and whiskey tasting to hot sauce competitions and company wide ping pong tournaments - we’ve got all the bases covered. Flow is so much more than sitting in front of your desk all day.
Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.
Manny Bernard, Head of Talent Acquisition
email@example.com Global E-commerce now has Flow