Recruitment- Tax Consultant
Job posted date: 29 August 2022
Job location: Cavan/ Monaghan Area
Are you ready to join a high-performance tax team on a mission to deliver excellent client advice and outcomes?
Ifac is building for the future. We are seeking an experienced and talented Tax Consultant to join our Tax Team working closely with our regional offices and specialist teams in the Cavan/ Monaghan area.
We provide an exciting environment where you can build your skills while making an impact in a fast-growing organisation committed to helping great clients build profitable sustainable businesses.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong academic record who is keen to progress within the Firm. The successful candidate should be capable of managing client relationships and taking the initiative to project manage and complete complex client assignments.
The individual should have completed the AITI tax exams and be a member of the Irish Taxation Institute.
This role will give the successful candidate a great opportunity to grow professionally and personally in an exciting and dynamic business.
- Qualified AITI/CTA with a strong academic track record and excellent exam results.
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a Tax Consultancy role, ideally in a medium or large practice environment.
- Excellent technical expertise across all tax heads.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently to analyse and solve client issues in a proactive and practical manner with the objective of identifying the best solution.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Comfortable with developing and managing client relationships.
- Ability to deal with multiple client issues with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and report writing skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Commitment to meeting client deadlines and desire to do a great job on a daily basis.
- Willingness to travel to support our regional office network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting our Partners in the provision of tax planning advice including and not limited to;
- Succession planning and restructurings for privately owned businesses and partnerships.
- Property based transactions including the provision of VAT advice relating to such transactions.
- Company incorporations and structuring,
- Dealing with ad-hoc income tax, corporation tax, VAT and stamp duty queries and identifying practice development initiatives.
- Implementing Tax standards across the region.
Rewards - We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. Our Tax Consultant’s package will include – market leading salary, performance related bonus, employer pension contribution, paid mobile phone, annual one for all voucher, and blended WFH opportunities.
What we do - We work with businesses in the farming, food, agribusiness, and family business sectors. We bring our foresight, commercial insight, and financial acumen to help our clients make great decisions and build profitable sustainable businesses.
About ifac - Founded in 1975, we are an award-winning employer and one of Ireland's Top Ten Accountancy Firms operating from more than 30 locations nationwide. Visit our website to find out more about us and what we do www.ifac.ie