Qualified/Part qualified Chartered Tax Adviser for TTax (Tierney Tax)
Job posted date - 28 February 2022
Job location - Monaghan/Fermanagh/Hybrid/ Fully Remote
TTax – Tierney Tax - require a Qualified/Part Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser for cross border practice providing services to clients on both sides of the border. Due to continued growth we are currently seeking a tax adviser to join the practice. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to develop their career through expanding their technical knowledge and opportunities for promotion.
This role will focus mainly on tax planning work with a varied portfolio of clients from large privately owned groups, international businesses to high net worth individuals / company directors. Previous tax planning experience is important but those doing a mix of compliance, revenue audits and tax planning work would also suit. Exposure to inheritance taxes, VAT and tax structuring / restructuring would be beneficial.
Their Main Duties & Responsibilities are:
- Tax planning primarily focusing on private Irish or UK businesses and individuals but also some crossborder clients.
- The successful appointee will work closely with the Director and Senior Manager of the firm.
- Drafting advice letters and reports for tax planning assignments.
- Managing these assignments to ensure timely delivery.
- Drafting responses to ad hoc tax queries from other practices.
- Undertaking technical tax research to answer clients queries
- Ensuring high quality and efficient service delivery on all client projects.
- Preparation of calculations and query responses to Revenue and HMRC audit cases.
The successful candidate must have at least three years practice experience preferably with a regulated accounting firm and have tax experience either Irish, UK or both. The experience can be a mix of accounting and tax. The candidate should be focused on developing a long-term career in Tax. Experience with cross border tax an advantage but not essential.
- CTA either Irish or UK qualified or part qualified
- Good technical knowledge with an appetite to learn.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and an ability to communicate with clients
Salary commensurate with experience. Flexible and Hybrid/Remote Working available for the right candidate.
Apply with CV to email@example.com