Private Client Tax Consultant
Post Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Company Website: https://www.davy.ie/
Private Client Tax Consultant
The Davy Group is Ireland’s leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services. You can read more about our growing company here: www.davy.ie
We value our employees as much as our clients and are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms recognising that the breadth of thought, perspective and experience that emerges from a diverse workforce is essential to deliver on our core values.
Our city centre location, free access to our onsite gym and fitness studio, and impressive social calendar are just some of the unique benefits our employees enjoy while working at Davy.
Performance related bonuses, generous pension contributions and investment into further education demonstrate the value we place in developing and rewarding our staff.
Davy. Making a difference that matters
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Private Client Tax Consultant to join the Financial Planning Team within Private Clients. The position would suit someone who has just completed their AITI qualification or is partly qualified and is looking to complete it.
The successful individual will have an interest in developing a career in private client wealth management using their technical specialist expertise. The person will work as part of a team of in-house financial planning experts (financial planners, pension specialists, protection specialists) with the client’s dedicated investment adviser to drive positive outcomes for existing clients and new prospects. This position will require the individual to use their technical expertise to highlight the tax considerations for high-net-worth individuals and families as part of the financial planning process.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Work with our advisers to tailor our financial planning offering to the unique needs of specific clients.
- Work with the Financial Planning Team to prepare the client’s financial plan (with a particular focus on the client’s taxation concerns).
- Work with our clients’ external tax and legal advisors to ensure the client’s financial planning objectives are met.
- Develop relationships with key intermediaries and professional service firms.
- Continuously innovate and enhance the service offering to ensure we are providing market leading holistic advice to clients.
- Play a central role in the promotion and marketing of the financial planning service at Davy.
- Work with Davy’s external tax advisers to achieve technical sign off for new products.
- An interest in developing a career in private client wealth management.
- Degree or Masters level qualification.
- Experience in a client facing technical role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Irish tax.
- An understanding of pensions and investments would be helpful.
- Member of the Irish Institute of Tax (Chartered Tax Advisor) or partly qualified and looking to qualify.
- Further professional qualification would be helpful (e.g. Trust and Estate Practitioner, Qualified Solicitor, Qualified Accountant, Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial in nature with strong planning and organisational skills, including the ability to manage large projects to a successful outcome.
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to manage key stakeholders across the business with the ability to develop key relationships.
The position set out above is defined in the Fitness & Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank of Ireland (“Fitness & Probity Standards”) as a “Controlled Function (CF)”, namely CF3, CF4 & CF7. The role is also subject to the Minimum Competency Code. In compliance with the Fitness and Probity Standards, any offer of employment is conditional upon you demonstrating that you meet the Standards.
Davy is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace. We value diversity both in background and in experience. You might not meet all of the requirements outlined in the above job description, but we would still like to hear from you. We review all applications received.
Davy Group is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group.
Job Published: 22 June 2023