Private Client Tax and Financial Planner
Job posted date: 24 January 2024
Job location: Dublin
Private Client Tax and Financial Planner
The Davy Group is Ireland’s leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services. You can read more about our growing company here: www.davy.ie
We value our employees as much as our clients and are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms recognising that the breadth of thought, perspective and experience that emerges from a diverse workforce is essential to deliver on our core values.
Our city centre location, free access to our onsite gym and fitness studio, and impressive social calendar are just some of the unique benefits our employees enjoy while working at Davy.
Performance related bonuses, generous pension contributions and investment into further education demonstrate the value we place in developing and rewarding our staff.
Davy. Making a difference that matters.
An exciting opportunity for a Private Client Tax and Financial Planner has arisen in the Financial Planning team within Private Clients. The person will work as part of a team of in-house financial planning experts (financial planners, tax specialists, pension specialists and protection specialists) with the client’s dedicated investment adviser to drive positive outcomes for existing clients and new prospects.
This will be a client facing role, with potential people management responsibility. The position would suit someone who has just completed their accountancy or tax qualification, or is partly qualified and is looking to complete it. The successful individual will have an interest in developing a career in private client wealth management using their technical specialist expertise.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Work with private client advisers and financial planning team in tailoring goals based financial plans and investment solutions for clients
- Utilising their technical knowledge to identify planning solutions across the full wealth management spectrum (pensions, tax, protection and investments) .
- Engaging with clients both in person and virtually from factfinding to presenting financial plans
- Becoming familiar with in-house cashflow modelling tools (full training provided) to assist in the creation of the financial plans and technical advice
- Reviewing work completed by other team members to ensure a suitably high standard
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes and solutions
- Assist in the implementation of actions identified during the planning process
- Assist with the production of other client material e.g. insights and articles and project work as required.
- Degree or Masters level qualification – preferably in a finance or accounting related discipline
- At least 2-3 years experience in the financial services industry, with client facing experience
- Knowledge of or previous experience within pension, tax, and/or investment disciplines desirable.
- Competency with MS office packages particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, listening, communication and presentation skills with a high level of empathy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to manage key stakeholders across the business with the ability to develop key relationships
- Coaching and people management experience is desirable
The position set out above is defined in the Fitness & Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank of Ireland (“Fitness & Probity Standards”) as a “Controlled Function (CF)”, namely CF3, CF4 & CF7. The role is also subject to the Minimum Competency Code. In compliance with the Fitness and Probity Standards, any offer of employment is conditional upon you demonstrating that you meet the Standards.
Davy is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace. We value diversity both in background and in experience. You might not meet all of the requirements outlined in the above job description, but we would still like to hear from you. We review all applications received.
Davy Group is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group.