Manager, Tax – Aercap
Job posted date: 24 May 2023
Location: Shannon, Ireland
Reports to: Vice President, Tax
The Manager, Tax position is a permanent role. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Group's compliance and reporting including the preparation of current and deferred tax workings under US GAAP and FRS 101/ 102 for provisioning purposes. The Manager, Tax will also have responsibility for the preparation and submission of Irish corporation tax computations, returns and associated disclosures to the Revenue Commissioners.
AerCap is the global leader in aviation leasing with one of the most attractive order books in the industry. AerCap serves approximately 300 customers around the world with comprehensive fleet solutions. AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and is based in Dublin with offices in Shannon, Miami, Singapore, Memphis, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Dubai, Seattle, Toulouse and other locations around the world.
Reporting to the Vice President, Tax the main responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Preparation and review of the corporate tax provision and returns for AerCap group entities and AerCap managed entities across multiple jurisdictions.
- Identify tax efficiencies and planning opportunities and work on implementing same.
- Liaise with global Revenue authorities on audits across all tax heads.
- Work with various teams across the AerCap group with respect to projects and queries.
- Submission of periodical tax returns for the Irish companies which would include VAT filings,
- VIES filings, lntrastat returns and DWT filings.
- Liaise with external advisors in managing certain foreign tax compliance obligations.
- Liaise with the Irish tax authorities on all documentary requirements such as residence certificates, tax registrations etc.
- Assist with certain lessee tax requirements e.g. beneficial ownership documents, treaty applications etc.
- Preparation of FATCA and CRS forms.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, QUALiFiCATIONS, and COMPETENCIES
- The role would suit a newly qualified Manager, Tax who has experience in taxation preferably within industry/ financial services or big four firm.
- The candidate should be AITI and ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Strong understanding of current and deferred tax.
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organised, diligent and detail orientated.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of information systems and in particular Revenues Online Services (ROS) and Alpha Tax.
- Ability to manage inter-departmental relationships across AerCap's global offices.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Hard working team player, flexible and able to perform under pressure.
- Ability to act on own initiative, take responsibility, motivate and lead others effectively.
- Strong communicator who can deal effectively with people from a finance and non-finance background.
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment.
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world.
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance with the largest aircraft lessor in the world.
- An attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV to email@example.com, quoting job reference number ITI005-Manager, Tax.