Manager – Corporate Tax (PLC’s)
Job posted date: 15 September 2023
Job location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Description Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has
Our Plc tax team focuses on the provision of tax structuring advice, tax technology solutions and compliance services to Irish plcs and large corporates. Our clients operate in a broad range of sectors including food, nutritionals, hospitality, construction, manufacturing and retail. We provide advice on many different business issues facing our clients by providing innovative solutions to suit their business circumstances. We work as a team utilising our wide range of experience and capabilities, contacts and the PwC Network to provide a solution for all our clients’ business needs.
What we do:
Working closely with heads of tax and senior personnel in our client organisations, we assist with the formulation and implementation of tax strategy and advise on the taxation aspects of a wide range of matters including acquisitions and disposals, overseas expansions, tax-efficient financing and general consulting. We support our clients in identifying appropriate tax technology solutions and implementing an efficient and effective compliance process. We ensure our clients are well-placed to understand and deal with new legislation and policy, such as the Pillar 2 regime.
What does this role offer:
As a Manager in the Plc team, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will deepen your knowledge of complex tax rules including the Pillar 2 regime and international tax law. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaising closely with clients to ensure the optimum tax solutions are identified and implemented.
- Bringing business knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Deepening your familiarity with new legislation and tax policy including the Pillar 2 rules and supporting your team in their learning.
- Coaching team members and driving the team to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic and passionate manner.
- Embracing the digital transformation ongoing in our business. Familiarising yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Setting the tone in promoting risk management and compliance procedures.
- Operating and collaborating effectively with a mindset that transcends geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Working on attracting, developing and retaining the best talents for the firm.
- Directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Contributing to the fun working environment offered by PwC and taking an active role in training our junior and senior staff members by promoting a learning culture.
About you – Key Competencies & Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in tax consulting and compliance services.
- Strong academic record with a Degree from any discipline and AITI/CTA qualification/equivalent overseas qualification.
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making smart and innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
Additional Job Description
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact.
This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC.
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do everyday. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive Workplace Elevate Pledge. (https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Click this link to apply for this role.