International Tax Director (10 months)
Date posted: 20 September 2019
Due to maternity leave cover required from January 2020, an opportunity has arisen in Perrigo’s Dublin based tax team and we are now recruiting for an interim International Tax Director for approx. 10 months.
At Perrigo our mission is clear: To make lives better by bringing Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products™ that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Perrigo is a leading provider of over-the-counter (OTC) health and wellness solutions that enhance individual well-being by empowering consumers to proactively prevent or treat conditions that can be self-managed.
With over $4 billion in sales and more than 10,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global self-care supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute OTC and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products. We are the world’s largest manufacturer of store brand OTC pharmaceutical products and infant formulas. Our Corporate World Headquarters is based in Dublin, Ireland – and our North American Headquarters based in Allegan, Michigan. Perrigo also operates in 30+ other countries around the world including Israel, Mexico, the United Kingdom, India, China, Belgium, and Australia, with the primary tax functions located in the Dublin and Allegan offices.
Reporting to the VP of Global Tax situated in Dublin, you will manage a high performing team of 4 who provide a varied range of direct tax services to our largely European businesses. Your role will focus on the following key activities:
- Working with the team to assist with the quarterly tax close and reporting process for US GAAP purposes
- Identifying and managing tax compliance risk and implementation of a consistent strategy
- Supporting the team with tax audits, ensuring all supporting documentation is available and maintained for tax audit inspection and liaising with tax authorities across the region
- Monitoring and communicating timely on developing tax legislation, pro-actively coming up with plans to mitigate adverse impacts of such legislation
- Working with the transfer price team on intercompany transactions
- Identify and manage tax risk
- Design and implementation of tax planning strategies to mitigate risk and ETR impacts as a result of tax reform, legislative change etc
- Working with the M&A team and external advisors to plan for the tax efficient structuring of acquisitions and disposals,
- Provision of technical support to the Business on proposed commercial transactions and restructurings,
- Implementing tax strategies and liaising with cross functional teams and external advisors in this regard
- Responsible for managing and mentoring the team and respective workflows
- A minimum 14 plus years of experience in tax in public accounting/practice and/or a multinational company
- CTA qualified tax professional essential
- Excellent communication skills for interfacing effectively with a high performing team, all levels of senior management and external advisors
- Ability to think strategically whilst also engaging in day to day tactical details
- Strong technical and analytical skills to identify and problem solve
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, driven and confident with an ability to act with urgency when necessary
Apply through the link to start a discrete conversation; https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=opFYafwW&s=Direct
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.