International Tax Compliance & Reporting Manager
Job posted date - 24 August 2021
Job location - Remote
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a member of our team, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
As our business continues to evolve in these challenging times, we are looking for a tax professional with a compliance and reporting background, with up-to-date and strong accounting skills mixed with exceptional systems experience. In this role, you will assist not only with our local and international reporting obligations, but also help drive important system and process improvements across our tax reporting.
On a day-to-day basis responsibilities would include:
- Working with the Business and External Partners to manage and coordinate the Tax and Reporting & Compliance for the International Business of Pitney Bowes. This would cover :
- Participating in the Group’s EMEA & APAC corporate tax compliance & reporting, which has both direct involvement and the management of internal/external teams in the calculation of the quarterly provisions, the preparation of tax returns and the management of cash taxes. CFC, Thin Cap and Corporate Interest Restriction reviews are also undertaken regularly. Note that quarterly reporting is US GAAP orientated and includes GAAP accounting and deferred tax.
- Ensuring tax data is accurately and effectively captured identifying and assessing areas of tax risk;
- Reviewing reporting in OneSource Tax Provision to assess accuracy.
- The identification of tax risk and involvement in executing solutions in respect of new or changing business activities;
- Support and provide technical tax accounting guidance related to various corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures.
- Work as a core member of the tax reporting team on the preparation of the quarterly consolidating global tax provision under ASC 740.
- Analytical review of key effective tax rate drivers in all jurisdictions.
- Manage payable and deferred tax rollforwards for each jurisdiction and global.
- Driving improvements to our control and reporting environment, utilising existing and new systems to deliver effective, efficient and transparent processes;
- Compliance with the Group Tax Policies and the Tax Management Framework, including a review of the departments global processes and procedures;
- Support the tax aspects of various group projects/initiatives, including corporate simplification
- Upgrading and ensuring delivery of departmental KPI’s
- Preparing and delivering required tax reporting on a timely basis;
- Preparing and delivering tax returns and associated returns according to the filing timetable;
- Review, update and improve documentation of reporting flows;
- Interrogate existing systems and processes and assist in the design and implementation of the future systems to ensure that the Group tax position is fully and accurately reported.
- Specify the ongoing data and reporting requirements for each country and frequency of delivery;
Dimension of the Position
Reports to Position Title: Vice President, Tax, EMEA & APAC
Scope of Responsibility:
Vice President, Chief Tax Counsel.
Vice President, Tax, EMEA & APAC
Director Tax Risk & Reporting
Finance Department (US & UK)
Business Knowledge/Educational Background
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Qualified tax professional with Corporate Tax experience and strong tax reporting and compliance knowledge
- Working knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes under ASC 740.
- Strong knowledge of US and UK Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must have good working knowledge of SAP and ThomsonReuters OneSource Tax systems.
- International mind-set and ability to work with dispersed, multicultural and multifunctional teams
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good relationship builder at all levels, with ability to work in a matrix organisation and manage multiple stakeholders
- Results oriented, demonstrates initiative, is adaptable and flexible
- Challenges around the timely delivery of tax reporting information to the US;
- Changing established process flows to improve efficiency and transparency;
- Interrogating systems to determine information requirements and to define new reports;
- Provide the will: opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.