International Corporation Tax Accountant – Elavon Financial Services
Job posted date - 4 June 2021
Job location - Cherrywood, Dublin South
The International Corporation Tax Accountant will work as a member of an International tax team comprised direct and indirect tax specialists. The tax team is responsible for active management of the tax compliance and consulting of a number of diverse businesses with activities in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, Luxembourg and Lithuania.
The primary focus of the work is corporation tax compliance, assisting with various tax consultancy assignments, internal and external audits and tax planning is the countries listed above. The International Corporation Tax Accountant will work closely with various business lines, finance personnel, third party service providers and the tax team in the United States.
- Preparation of monthly tax journals and reconciliation of tax accounts for European entities.
- Ensuring all preliminary tax obligations for the European entities are met including calculation of the amount, forecasting with treasury and booking of same.
- Preparation of current and deferred tax computations for provisioning purposes.
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations.
- Assistance with annual statutory accounts audit.
- Provide support for Ad hoc corporation tax queries and projects.
- Responsibility for the preparation of direct tax returns for European entities.
- Responsibility for the compilation of the appropriate documentation to support the direct tax filings.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of Third Party returns and other Information returns.
- Assistance in relation to Transfer Pricing obligations.
- Ensuring risk process documentation is current and updated.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Tax experience preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred – accounting qualification an advantage.
- Experience of using Oracle and excel desirable.
- Industry experience is not a prerequisite but is preferred.
- Time management is important to manage work and meet deadlines.
- Teamwork is key including communication and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- High level of initiative and follow- through.
Please click here to apply.