International Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Job posted date - 26 July 2021
Job location - Dublin
Don’t wait. Act.
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 42,000 professionals – 26,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint an Assistant Manager to work in our International Tax Group. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with large multinational clients from a range of industries (technology, R&D, manufacturing, distribution and real estate). Many of these clients are household names. This position will suit an ambitious individual with a track record in the provision of practical advisory and compliance services. You will be working with a large team of experienced professionals, as well as managing more junior team members.
- Working with the Partners and the management team on advising clients on potential structures suitable for their business, transfer pricing and profit repatriations
- Managing a portfolio of clients and overseeing their compliance requirements. This includes co-ordination of service offerings from other departments
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for your client portfolio
- Acting as a key member of an integrated client service team working on a wide range of assignments including tax advisory projects
- Contributing towards collective (departmental) targets for billing, net fee income and cash collection as well as personal and firm-wide goals
- Involvement in peer wide training
- Involvement in business development and marketing initiatives
- Responsibility for staff development and reviewing procedures
- AITI qualified and a qualified accountant
- Experience of working with large multinational organisations
- Experience of working on complex international corporation tax compliance and on tax consultancy assignments
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience in interpreting Irish Tax legislation, relevant commentary and case law
- Experience of operational supervision of assignments and managing of client relationships
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills