IMMEDIATE VACANCY – TAX CONSULTANTS from Senior to Manager Level
Job posted date: 13 April 2023
Job location: Limerick, Ireland
McKeogh Gallagher Ryan is a full-service firm providing audit and assurance, taxation, advisory and corporate recovery services across Ireland. Bringing together 60 professionals with vast experience and knowledge, our three offices now represent the largest independent group of accounting and tax professionals in the Midwest.
Established in 2012 in Limerick city we have experienced significant growth, expanding to Nenagh in 2017 and Ennis in 2018. All our offices are recently renovated, large modern buildings, located in their locality’s commercial centre. Our clients cover the length and breadth of the country and range from owner operators and private individuals to some of the State’s largest financial institutions and agencies.
We believe in a client-focussed service offering, recognising that our business is people. We are committed to hiring the best and giving them the tools and opportunity to shine. The advisory marketplace is crowded with large impersonal organisations but we are different – we have the same professionalism, mentality, ability and experience of a “Big” firm but the approach and personality of a smaller firm. We understand that the quality of our service is wholly dependent on the quality of our team and constantly strive to challenge and develop them.
We are a member of HLB International, a world-wide network of independent accounting firms and business advisors, present in over 157 countries.
CAREERS AT MCKEOGH GALLAGHER RYAN
At McKeogh Gallagher Ryan, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We understand that the quality of our service is dependent on the quality of the individuals within our team. We take pride in our employees and ensure that they have the skills to advise on all aspects of business, fully supported by an experienced team.
As a dynamic progressive firm we continue to expand and are currently recruiting for our growing Taxation Team, based in our Limerick office.
CURRENT VACANCIES – TAX CONSULTANTS
McKeogh Gallagher Ryan is a leading provider of taxation compliance and advisory services. We provide the full range of taxation services including individual and corporate compliance, tax consultancy, debt restructuring, succession and estate planning, tax-based fundraising investment schemes (EIIS), tax planning, overseas transaction advice, international tax assignments, VAT advisory.
We work across a wide variety of sectors and for clients of different sizes including companies in the SME sector, partnerships, sole traders, professional service firms, family-owned businesses, corporate structures involved in acquisitions and expansion, and high net worth individuals.
These are full-time permanent roles subject to a 6-month probation period. We are open to applications from newly qualified consultants interested in taking the next step in their career up to experienced managers keen to lead and train multi-disciplinary teams across a range of assignments.
Candidates should have experience in a multi-disciplinary firm with exposure to consulting and compliance assignments. They should be able to manage their own work load and client list (as appropriate to their level) working on corporate and personal clients, reporting to managers, directors and partners.
Application is by cover letter and CV. Selected candidates only will be called for interview. Please email applications to Eimear Quin firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ROLE SPECIFICATION
All levels are client-facing and based in our Limerick office, forming part of a close-knit multi-disciplinary tax team, also supporting and working with partners and clients in our Ennis and Nenagh offices. The role will cover all tax heads and involves:
- Providing high-calibre service to a diverse client portfolio
- Advising on bespoke tax planning assignments
- Working on debt restructuring advisory assignments
- Providing general financial planning advice
- Working on international tax assignments
- Working on Revenue audits and tax appeals – advising and representing clients with Revenue
- Advising on ad hoc technical consultancy queries
- Completion of tax compliance returns
- Legislation and tax research
- Working to tight deadlines
- Supervising a team of trainees and juniors
THE CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION
We are interested in applications from newly-qualified consultants up to those at Assistant Manager or Manager level. Experience in a Big4 or medium-sized practice, with 3 years training in a tax department, is preferable and the candidate should have the CTA qualification from the Irish Tax Institute.
They must be comfortable multi-tasking; reporting to more than one supervisor; working on multiple assignments across a range of tax heads. The role requires strong technical skills as well as the ability to work with clients and communicate advices clearly and efficiently to them.
- AITI / CTA qualification
- 3 years training experience
- Tax generalist i.e. wide exposure across all tax heads
- Technically strong and skilled at researching and interpreting legislation
- Comfortable training, supervising and delegating to staff
- Highly organised, adaptable and flexible
- Possessing a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to meet tight working deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Opportunity to develop a career path in one of the most technical and well-respected tax teams in the region
- Working directly with highly-experienced Tax Director and Tax Partner,
- Varied and challenging role with scope to develop your skill set and progress your career
- Competitive salary & package commensurate with level and experience