Hourigan Rowsome – Tax Trainee
Job posted date: 04 April 2023
Job location: Limerick
Are you a dynamic individual interested in a career where you get lots of experience across many different aspects of taxation?
Don’t look any further - we are currently recruiting for our tax team!
Hourigan Rowsome is a firm of Chartered Accountants and Tax Consultants operating in River Front, Howley’s Quay, Limerick. Hourigan Rowsome brings together 50+ years of experience to specialise in the provision of Audit, Accountancy, Tax Consultancy and Business Advisory Services to local and national companies, multinationals, professional service providers, family businesses, senior company executives and high net worth individuals.
The firm is centrally located in Limerick city overlooking the River Shannon with ease of access from all areas. The firm is expanding, and currently is looking to recruit an ambitious tax trainee who is interested in pursuing a career in taxation to join our tax. The successful applicants will gain exposure to a variety of clients across industry, commerce and professional services both nationally and internationally.
Your role: Tax Trainee
A trainee tax consultant position with Hourigan Rowsome, will give you the opportunity to develop your career in our growing tax department and gain valuable experience while you continue your studies towards the AITI tax qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will involve assisting senior tax advisors in the following:
- Income Tax, Capital Acquisitions Tax, Capital Gains tax compliance
- Assisting with VAT and Corporation Tax compliance
- Preparation of various tax computations
- Completing and filing various tax returns
- Liaising with Revenue and other 3rd parties as required
- Assisting in preparation of tax consulting reports
- A degree in Business or related Accountancy qualification
- Have strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and work to meet tight deadlines. •
- Ability to work in a team environment, have good attention to detail and be self-motivated with good initiative.
- Fluent written English due to the requirement to analyse and summaries tax legislation.
- Competitive starting salary
- Paid Study leave and exam/fees package
- In house training and mentoring by Qualified Tax Advisors at all times
- Interview process via Zoom
To apply, in the strictest of confidence, please forward your CV to Teresa Loftus, Hourigan Rowsome, 3rd Floor, River Front, Howley’s Quay, Limerick or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org