Group Tax Reporting & Compliance Manager at Digicel
Location: Kingston, JM, WI
Job posted date: 10 August 2020
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Primary objective of the job
An outstanding opportunity for a strong tax professional seeking a new challenge in the area of tax accounting in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The role provides an excellent opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to play a key role in transforming the Group’s tax reporting and compliance tasks into a value-added function, leveraging new technology and restructured processes to deliver a more efficient and effective tax compliance and reporting service to the group.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall preparation and presentation of the tax results for the Digicel group on a quarterly and annual basis and for management and oversight of tax compliance across the group.
- Responsible for preparing and updating tax charge and cash tax budgets and forecasts for the Digicel group, and comparing actual results to budgeted and forecasted numbers throughout the financial year.
- Responsible for managing the remaining reporting cycles that will take place through legacy systems as well as the transition to upgraded reporting systems
- Responsible for converting the data gathered during the compliance process into actionable insights on tax risks and planning opportunities
Responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting process as it relates to tax. This includes:
- Providing the tax figures for Quarterly reporting to external investors
- Responsibility for all tax figures in the consolidated financial statements
- Monthly management reporting, including variance analysis and revisions to forecasts for tax expense and cash tax
- Preparation of the tax figures in the annual budget process
- Responsible for managing corporate income tax compliance of all legal entities in the Group, initially through the local finance teams pending centralisation of these functions and later through a central team of tax accountants
- Responsible for overseeing the use of external firms for tax compliance services and managing those engagements to ensure value-for-money and quality of service
Transition to new Systems and Structure
- Support other members of the Group tax team on the implementation of new finance systems and of a new tax reporting system
- Assist with the recruitment of the central compliance team that will take over tax compliance and accounting functions
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- University Degree
- ACA / CPA professional qualification
- Master’s Degree / professional qualification in Business Taxation preferred
- Five years of related experience in public practice or industry
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Experience with ERP systems preferred
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to proactively articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise manner to senior executives
- Superb attention to detail, strong analytical skills and the ability to deliver results to tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Prior knowledge and experience of Workday Financials or Longview Tax Provision software is highly desirable
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Strong accounting and tax accounting knowledge, especially deferred tax
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent academics and good commercial awareness are required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
Click here to apply