Group Payroll Specialist at Coffey
Date posted: 23 July 2020
Founded in 1974, Coffey is a family owned engineering-led Civil Engineering, Environmental and Building contracting group of companies (Coffey Construction Ltd, Coffey Construction (I) Ltd and Coffey Water Ltd). We operate in every major construction sector and we undertake work throughout the UK and Ireland. We have a reputation for professional excellence.
The company and its employees actively subscribe to a set of core values. These values underpin the way in which we conduct our business and the respect we show each other. Our people are our most important competitive resource, and we respect and value their input and opinion. Teamwork is fundamental to our culture.
We employ more than 250 personnel and positively encourages innovation, personal development, and progression within the company.
We currently require a Group Payroll Specialist to work as part of our Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will undertake a range of activities as follows:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Weekly and Monthly payrolls for the group. Ensuring completeness and accuracy of calculations.
- In-depth knowledge of Benefit in Kind (BIK) taxes for both UK & IRL tax jurisdictions, ensuring all supporting calculations are calculated and applied correctly for each employee where required. Supporting documentation is reviewed and signed off weekly & monthly by the Finance Manager or Financial Controller.
- Prepare payroll reports for Directors and Financial Managers to include Hours analysis. Working with the submission of same to the Project Management (PM) Portal for commercial team to review.
- To provide monthly to Coffey Accountants, Balance sheet reconciliations for payroll taxes & pensions, nominal accounts across the four Coffey Group companies. • Filing monthly on time UK HMRC & Irish Revenue payroll taxes
- Filing monthly on time UK & Irish Employer & Employee Pension contributions.
- Yearly filing of UK & Irish payroll taxes where required.
- Liaise with employees in ROI and UK and with Revenue/HMRC as required
- Internal and external Audit assistance. • Employee Expenses Approval. Reviewing employee expenses for correctness and adherence to the company policy.
- Allocations preparation & management.
- VHI Allocations & process invoices monthly
- Become part of a payroll user group within the industry and Payroll/accounting profession, attending relevant seminars.
- End of year Processing for payroll and software updates.
- Payroll qualification (IPASS, Accounting Technician, Tax Technician)
- Previous payroll processing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word and Excel
- Team player with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to manage work within fixed deadlines.
- Authorised to work in Ireland, if a non EU national applicants must currently hold a valid General Skills Work Permit, Critical Skills Work Permit or a Stamp 4 visa.
Applicants should email their CV to HR@coffeygroup.com