Graduate, Business Tax – Dublin, Summer 2023 (CAI)
Job posted date: 22 February 2023
Job location: Dublin
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you will get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK and Ireland’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our graduate programme:
- Fully funded Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
Our Tax Team
Our tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses as well as high net worth individuals. Our tax advice is designed to meet our client’s agreed commercial objectives considering all relevant taxes including Corporation Tax, Income Tax, PRSI, Capital Gains Tax, Capital Acquisitions Tax and VAT. We provide practical advice and regularly liaise and negotiate with the Irish Revenue Commissioners.
Working closely with our senior tax professionals, you’ll feel yourself improving day by day. One moment you could be helping a small business ensure they are tax compliant; the next, you could be learning the complex, but fascinating cross-border considerations of international tax.
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted business advisers which means you'll be doing real work from day one.
As our Tax Trainee your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of tax computations and returns including drafting client communication
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Acquiring and building relationship with your own clients and beginning to supervise new trainees after approximately one year
- Supporting more qualified staff on more complex client situations
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification and/or Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification with the Irish Tax Institute.
- Accountancy experience, as part of education or work experience
- Obtained or predicted a minimum 2:2 honours degree, in any discipline
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent)
- Leaving Certificate O2 or H5 in Maths and English (or equivalent)