GNI Tax Lead at ERVIA
Tax Location: Dublin/Cork
Job posted date: 31 August 2020
Role: GNI Tax Lead
Area: Business Services
Sub-Area: Finance Business Operations
Duration: Specific Purpose
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland through our regulated businesses, Gas Networks Ireland and Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people. Ervia is currently undergoing an organisational transformation to centralise the IT, HR, Finance and Supply Chain functions through the formation of an Ervia Business Services model. This will create synergies and a ‘one team’ Ervia culture. Ervia’s Business Services organisation will define, maintain, and operate end-to-end customer focused IT, HR, Finance, Supply Chain capabilities and processes in support of the overall Ervia strategic priorities.
Reporting into the Tax Manager, the Tax Lead is responsible for supporting tax compliance, strategy and planning across the organization. Reporting into the Tax Manager, the Tax Lead will also have responsibility for promoting increased awareness of taxation risks and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of best practice taxation processes and systems.
- Implement a robust, structured tax process with appropriate financial controls to ensure tax compliance with applicable laws.
- Lead the delivery of requirements to tax authority deadlines and requirements are achieved, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Engage with external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally.
- Promote an increased awareness of taxation risks, threats and opportunities across the Ervia organisation.
- Identify key taxation issues that arise within the organization and work with the Tax Manager to ensure appropriate actions are taken or controls are in place to minimise taxation exposures / risks and maximise returns.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement within the tax team.
- Prepare tax projections / forecasts for budgets and business plans.
- Provide appropriate support / advisory / training to all areas of the Business on tax related matters, including advising on tax implications of all contractual positions, researching and resolving technical queries from the Business Units, carrying out periodic reviews, and advising of any updates in new tax legislation.
- Provide advice on a wide range of projects and planning opportunities in consultation with the Tax Manager to optimize the tax position of the Group.
- Complying with any KPI’s or SLA’s identified for the tax team.
- Assist the Tax Manager to ensure that the tax team is the centre of excellence for technical taxation matters.
- Prepare the necessary information for inclusion in statutory reporting and provide tax audit support for the wider Finance organisation.
- Manage business stakeholders, participate in relevant meetings and develop strong working relationships with Tax customers.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant third level degree and at least 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Irish and UK tax legislation and experience of dealing with the Irish and UK tax authorities.
- Have strong exposure to all areas of taxation including Current & Deferred Tax, RCT, VAT, WHT, PSWT, PAYE etc.
- Professional qualification in Tax with associated current membership.
- Recognised accounting qualification ( ACA; ACMA; ACCA), or equivalent together with associated current membership. Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and projects.
- Ability to successfully implement and execute work.
- Supporting the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information with others.
- Should have a proactive attitude towards analysis and research, interrogating different electronic and physical media and always looking to develop market knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal and presentation communication skills.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 09th September 2020
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*