Financial Services Tax Manager at Grant Thornton
Job posted date:
14 March 2022
Financial Services Tax Manager
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our growing financial services tax team. As a manager, you will be responsible for presenting solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge in own service area to develop solutions to complex technical issues and manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
Skills and attributes:
- Manage a team providing tax compliance and international tax advisory services for a broad range of clients in the financial services sector;
- Provide technical and commercial support to clients’ cross-border transactions and assess their international tax strategies;
- research and understand the evolving global tax landscape and keep our clients informed of potential impact;
- manage the implementation of a number of different projects at any one time, including meeting deadlines, prioritization and billings;
- contribute to the tax practices development by proactively managing existing clients and identifying potential opportunities to undertake additional/new client work;
- work closely with the financial services advisory and audit team to provide a holistic service to our existing clients and identify further opportunities for growth for the firm.
- ACA, ACCA, or CTA qualified;
- 2/3 years’ post qualification experience of working in an financial services tax environment;
- strong technical knowledge, solutions driven and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients;
- Asset Management and/or Insurance expertise would be an advantage
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the financial services teams across the firm and the global network;
- strong interpersonal skills are essential together with proven people development skills to support the development of the more junior staff; and
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice.