Financial Planning Manager (Tax) – Davy
Job posted date: 3 May 2023
Job location: Dublin
Financial Planning Manager(Tax)
The Davy Group is Ireland’s leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services. You can read more about our growing company here: www.davy.ie
We value our employees as much as our clients and are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms recognising that the breadth of thought, perspective and experience that emerges from a diverse workforce is essential to deliver on our core values.
Our city centre location, free access to our onsite gym and fitness studio, and impressive social calendar are just some of the unique benefits our employees enjoy while working at Davy.
Performance related bonuses, generous pension contributions and investment into further education demonstrate the value we place in developing and rewarding our staff.
Davy. Making a difference that matters
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Planning Manager (Tax) to join the Financial Planning Team within Private Clients.
This position will incorporate the provision of tax and planning advice to high-net-worth individuals and companies. The successful individual will have an interest in developing a career in private client wealth management using their technical specialist expertise. The person will work as part of a team of in-house financial planning experts, providing technical expertise and meeting support, working closely with our team of advisers. As part of a dynamic team, the role will require an innovative and strong project management skillset to drive positive outcomes for existing clients and new prospects.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Work with the Financial Planning Team in developing financial planning and investment solutions for high-net-worth individuals incorporating knowledge of pension, tax and investment disciplines
- To assist in developing tax efficient solutions for the management of clients’ wealth in conjunction with their tax and legal advisors and with queries on taxation of investment solutions
- Develop relationships with key intermediaries and professional service firms
- To help devise and proactively implement business development strategies
- Continuously innovate and enhance the service offering to ensure we are providing market leading holistic advice to clients
- Work with Advisers to tailor our financial planning offering to the unique needs of specific clients
- Play a central role in the promotion and marketing of the financial planning service at Davy
- Provide technical sign off for new products and maintain the integrity of product documentation and information
- Oversee and assist with research of technical issues relative to regulatory and administrative issues
- Support the business to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Degree or Masters level qualification in a business related discipline
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a client facing technical role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Irish tax and some understanding of pensions and investments would be helpful
- Member of the Irish Institute of Tax (Chartered Tax Advisor)
- Further professional qualification would be helpful (e.g. Trust and Estate Practitioner, Qualified Solicitor, Qualified Accountant, Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA)Strong communication and presentation skills, in both a written and verbal context
- A high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial in nature with strong planning and organisational skills, including the ability to manage large projects to a successful outcome
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to manage key stakeholders across the business with the ability to develop key relationships
The position set out above is defined in the Fitness & Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank of Ireland (“Fitness & Probity Standards”) as a “Controlled Function (CF)”, namely CF3, CF4 & CF7. The role is also subject to the Minimum Competency Code. In compliance with the Fitness and Probity Standards, any offer of employment is conditional upon you demonstrating that you meet the Standards.
Davy is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace. We value diversity both in background and in experience. You might not meet all of the requirements outlined in the above job description, but we would still like to hear from you. We review all applications received.
Davy Group is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group.