EY Tax Senior Manager
Job posted date: 12 February 2020
Our Business Tax Professionals help businesses meet demands for tax reporting, compliance, planning, tax policy and controversy management in a fast-paced technology enabled business world.
Excellent opportunity to join the fastest-growing Big 4 Tax group in Ireland. Our globally coordinated tax practice combines our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and cutting-edge technology platforms locally to make us a market leader for tax. You will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients working with the latest tax technology solutions in the market. We are currently seeking applications to join EY’s tax practice at Senior Manager Level, from anyone interested in becoming a dynamic leader in a high-performing team.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsibility for proactive management of both compliance and multidisciplinary advisory work for clients.
- Building and owning client relationships becoming a trusted business advisor.
- Development of more junior members of the team taking responsibility for both their technical and practical experience.
- Liaising with clients,Revenue Authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Developing relationships within the firm to build a strong network.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities to generate growth within the firm, leveraging the latest technologies available.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in managing a large compliance portfolio and the successful delivery of tax services to clients.
- High level of technical competence, interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Client focused and commercially aware with a strength in identifying and developing business opportunities to generate growth within the firm.
- Practical / business driven approach with the ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Excellent team leader and player with particular strength in developing and mentoring teams.
- Good organisational skills effectively managing deadlines and client demands.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral.
To qualify for the role you must have
- AITI qualification with 4-6 years’ relevant PQE.
- Good working knowledge of Tax in Ireland or internationally.
- Experience working in practice or industry as a tax professional. Ideally, you’ll also have
- Accounting qualification would be desirable but not obligatory.
- Big 4 Tax experience desirable but not obligatory
What we look for
- Someone interested in joining a dynamic team who wants to expand and develop their business tax expertise and experience in a fast moving, technology enabled business world.
- A team player with a strength in coaching and developing. Someone with a good work ethic and openness to new challenges.
- Commercial awareness with an ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate growth within the firm.
- Excellent communicator with an aptitude to build and manage key client relationships, teams and internal network.
- Self-motivated and ambitious individual.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.