EY Tax – Assistant Manager
Job posted date: 12 February 2020
Our Business Tax Professionals help businesses meet demands for tax reporting, compliance, planning, tax policy and controversy management in a fast-paced technology enabled business world.
Excellent opportunity to join the fastest-growing Big 4 tax practice where you will be part of a high-performing team. Our globally coordinated tax practice combines our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and cutting-edge technology platforms locally to make us a market leader for tax. You will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients working with the latest tax technology solutions in the market. We are currently seeking applications from suitable candidates to join the EY’s tax practice at Assistant Manager Level.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage a client portfolio and work as part of a team on larger clients/projects.
- Day-to-day delivery of client solutions and ongoing management of client expectations.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
- Build a network within the firm to optimise cross-selling opportunities and leverage the latest technologies available.
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing client portfolios, identifying further opportunities and contribute to winning new clients.
- Reporting directly to Senior Management including Tax Partners.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical skills and keen ambition to develop further.
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards.
- Client focused and commercially aware.
- Ability to build strong client relationships and professional networks.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations, both written and oral.
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations and efficient and successful delivery of tax services.
To qualify for the role you must have
- AITI qualified / part-qualified with 1-2 years’ relevant Tax experience.
- Effective working knowledge of Tax in Ireland or internationally.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Accounting qualification would be desirable but not obligatory.
- Some practice background in Assurance or Tax would be favourable.
What we look for
- Someone interested in joining a dynamic team who wants to develop their business tax expertise and broaden their experience in a fast moving, technology enabled business world.
- A team player with a strength in coaching and developing others.
- A good work ethic and openness to new challenges.
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate growth within the firm.
- Excellent communicator with an aptitude to build and manage key client relationships and internal network.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now via the EY Website or for further information reach out to Lydia.Hurley@ie.ey.com