Employment Tax & Global Mobility Services – Director
Job posted date: 13 March 2023
Mazars is a leading professional services firm in Ireland with ambitious growth plans and over 600 staff based in Dublin, Galway and Limerick. As an internationally integrated partnership, we operate in over 95 countries and territories around the world and draw on the expertise of over 47,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
- We are seeking to hire a Tax Director to join our Employment Tax and Global Mobility Services (ET & GMS) team within our Tax Advisory Services division.
- The ET & GMS team advises both domestic and international businesses in relation to a variety of issues, including:
- All aspects of employment taxes e.g. tax-free employee incentives, BIK, share-based remuneration plans, termination/redundancy payments, PAYE health checks and Revenue audit support
- All aspects of global mobility e.g. inbound and outbound cross-border employment arrangements, supporting clients with “remote worker” situations ensuring clients remain fully compliant with tax, social security, payroll and other in-country requirements
- Review expatriate tax returns and manage compliance engagements.
- Working with our team in Dublin, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Work on a varied client portfolio, with excellent opportunities to develop and manage your own portfolio;
- Be part of a dedicated team focused on employment taxes and global mobility;
- Demonstrate your technical expertise in employment taxes by providing support to our domestic and international clients
- Develop close client relationships and take an active role in business development;
- Advance your people management skills;
- Work in collaboration with Mazars international community and learn from an extensive range of experts within Mazars.
- You are AITI / CTA qualified or equivalent;
- You have a strong academic background;
- You have at least 7 years taxation experience in the areas of employment tax and global mobility;
- You have managerial experience or experience managing projects and deadlines;
- You have experience reviewing personal tax returns for internationally mobile employees and associated applications (e.g. SARP forms, A1 and Certs of Coverage applications, etc.);
- You have experience in managing PAYE Revenue audits and compliance checks.
- You have worked in a tax team with client facing experience;
- You are organised, a self-starter and an enthusiastic team player;
- You can work efficiently to deadlines and encourage others to do same;
- You are driven, ambitious and passionate about continuous personal and professional development
- You have knowledge of Irish tax law related to employment taxes and global mobility.
Block 3 Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0)1 firstname.lastname@example.org