EMEA Tax Manager (Fixed Term) at fitbit
Location: Ireland - Dublin
Date posted: 10 July 2020
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
About the role
We are looking for a tax manager to join our EMEA team in Dublin for a fixed term of between 6 to 11 months.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for direct taxation across EMEA, requiring daily contact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Work On
- Serve as a key contact for the finance and business team on tax matters.
- Manage all aspects of tax compliance and tax reporting; including management of income tax filings, local GAAP tax accounting and tax audits.
- Manage monthly period and quarterly tax accounting and reporting process in accordance with US GAAP principles and US tax team requirements.
- Analyse the impact of changes in legislation and tax policy for the company.
- Assist in planning, structuring, transfer pricing and M&A Projects.
- Manage SOX compliance requirements and tax processes.
- Manage day to day relationships and service levels from external tax advisors.
- Assist with indirect tax issues and other ad-hoc projects as and when they arise.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Qualified Tax Professional or Qualified Accountant.
- Experience of corporate tax issues in industry or practice.
- Ability to partner with finance and business colleagues to explain technical concepts in a simple and comprehensive way.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting concepts (US GAAP and IFRS) and hands-on experience with relevant accounting systems an advantage.
Please send cv to Tom Bentley, Head of EMEA Recruiting firstname.lastname@example.org