Corporate Tax Director
Job posted date: 13 March 2023
Mazars is a leading professional services firm in Ireland with ambitious growth plans and over 600 staff based in Dublin, Galway and Limerick. As an internationally integrated partnership, we operate in over 95 countries and territories around the world and draw on the expertise of over 47,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint a Tax Director with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at manager level in practice to work in our Corporate Tax Group. Working closely with partners and senior management and having shared responsibility with partners for the management of a team of people, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with a large portfolio of indigenous owner managed and internationally owned businesses, from a range of industries (technology, R&D, manufacturing, distribution, retail), many of which have an international focus. This position will suit an ambitious individual with experience in the provision of practical and innovative tax-based business solutions, providing a mix of advisory and compliance services. Knowledge development and the development of people are key focuses of Mazars and the successful candidate will be supported by an experienced partner and senior management team and will be provided with excellent opportunity for continued career progression.
- Working with the partners and the tax team in maintaining and developing the firm’s relationship with a portfolio of clients
- Managing a wide range of tax assignments including tax advisory projects, corporate and group structuring, transfer pricing, M & A tax and engagements with tax authorities
- Coordinating the work of the team to ensure that the tax payment and return filing deadlines are met for a portfolio of corporate tax clients
- Contributing towards collective financial objectives for billing, net fee income and cash collection
- Involvement in peer wide training and working with the partners and senior management to mentor and develop the team
- Strengthening relationships with existing clients and developing new business opportunities through working closely with them
- Contributing to firm and department marketing and business development initiatives
- Working with partners on tax knowledge creation and marketing/business development
- AITI qualified and a qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years working in practice at manager level
- Experience of working with a team to coordinate and manage a portfolio of clients for corporation tax compliance purposes ensuring the relevant client deadlines are met and that department and team procedures are implemented to ensure accuracy of corporation tax computations and returns.
- Experience of managing, with a team, corporation tax compliance for larger corporates and involvement in and experience of leading or contributing to tax consultancy assignments
- In-depth knowledge of, and significant experience in, interpreting Irish Tax legislation, relevant commentary and case law and applying that to practical client situations and tax planning opportunities
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
Block 3 Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0)1 firstname.lastname@example.org