Corporate Tax Compliance Manager
Job posted date: 20 April 2022
Job location: Dublin
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. With over 2,000 people in 8 offices across Ireland and a presence in over 130 countries around the world, we bring you the local knowledge, national expertise and global presence to help you and your business succeed – wherever you’re located.
We deliver solutions to all business challenges. Clients choose us because the breadth of financial and business services they need is available, delivered innovatively and always to the highest standards. At Grant Thornton we are committed to long term relationships. We are different. We are Grant Thornton.
The firm comprises over 2,000 people operating from offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Limerick, Longford and Isle of Man.
The Grant Thornton Tax department is a growing team of over 200 specialists with deep industry, sector and technical knowledge.
Our client base includes sole traders, small and medium sized businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts, partnerships, large corporates and listed companies.
Our Tax advisory services team works across a range of routine tax compliance work to high end innovative tax planning solutions, covering all tax heads, such as business, corporate or personal tax, VAT, customs, Financial Services (FS), international tax, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Intellectual Property (IP), relevant contracts, Research and Development (R&D) and revenue audits and/or investigations.
For more information check out www.grantthornton.ie/service/tax
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager to work in our Corporate Advisory Tax team managing a corporate tax compliance portfolio for our indigenous and outbound focused client base.
As a member of our team, you will be joining a high performance innovative team operating within a flexible and hybrid work environment fostering new ways of working in a collaborative team culture.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development as the Tax department continues to grow in line with the overall firm strategy.
- Responsible for managing a corporation tax client portfolio ensuring all corporation tax compliance for clients;
- Manage a team providing tax services to a broad range of clients;
- Managing tax due diligence projects and review from a corporation tax perspective;
- Identification of business development opportunities within client portfolio and pursue opportunities with wider Transactions and Corporate Advisory Team;
- Identification of tax issues associate with compliance process and escalation to senior members of the Corporate Advisory Team;
- Mentor and coach trainees;
- Building a rapport with clients and developing a clear and detailed understanding of their business and expectations;
- Demonstrate a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes, reviewing work afterward for learning points; and
- Researching tax technical matters in regard to Irish tax legislation and international tax developments and communicate with clients;
Skills and attributes:
- CTA qualified (Legal/ACA/ACCA additional qualification preferred);
- minimum 1-2 years’ post qualification experience of working in a tax department (preferably on indigenous and outbound focused companies);
- managerial skills with the ability to manage compliance process and compliance staff;
- experience of using Alphatax is advantageous,
- strong technical knowledge;
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team;
- strong interpersonal skills are essential together with proven people development skills to support the development of the more junior staff;
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- strong attention to detail.
If you feel inspired to join a collaborative team focused on unlocking value for market leading clients apply now or contact Kate.Slattery@ie.gt.com for a confidential discussion on our exciting opportunities.