Boston Scientific: Tax Manager – Permanent – Ireland
Job posted date: 17 May 2021
Job location: Galway
More than the opportunity of a lifetime......the opportunity to improve lives
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose - improving lives through your life’s work. Boston Scientific Galway is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Tax Manager to join the Finance team on a permanent basis.
Purpose Statement & Reporting lines
Responsible for Irish tax compliance, tax analysis and tax planning. In association with Irish management and the Corporate Tax Department, manages tax risk while enabling the company to minimize its tax burden, complete its income tax filing and its financial reporting requirements.The role will have a joint reporting line to VP, Global Tax Structuring & Finance Director, Galway, your location will be Galway
- Prepare or review and complete Irish tax filings.
- Manage all Irish tax aspects including corporation tax, R&D Incentives, VAT, employment taxes (including global mobility), etc.
- Responsible for the country's financial reporting process as it relates to income tax accounting (USGAAP & IFRS).
- Assist Finance with tax related matters in statutory audits.
- Assist with tax audits and communicate tax risk to senior management
- Monitor and develop processes to optimize all applicable tax initiatives in Ireland while driving synergies and efficiencies in the process.
- Assist with tax filings in the UK.
- Assist in the structuring and planning of acquisitions, reorganizations and legal entity rationalization.
- Work with and manage outside advisors on tax projects.
- Work with Corporate Tax management on various corporate initiatives.
- Proactively stay apprised of legislative developments, both within Ireland and the EU.
- Determine the impact to the company and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Tax Qualification with expertise in Irish & International Tax.
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree HETAC Level 8 in relevant area.
- Ideally the candidate is a qualified accountant (Preferably ACA) trained with 10 years + experience
- Strong corporation tax background.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with strong tax technical capabilities
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/ manufacturing industry is a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Proven ability to work & communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders on & off site
Click here to apply for this role