Associate Manager/Tax Manager
Job posted date: 24 October 2022
Job location: Dublin
You will be part of the European Tax Group and will report to the UK based Head of VAT.
You will provide VAT advice on oversight of VAT compliance and risk management, identification of planning opportunities, and structuring client engagements. It is required a proactive approach, seeking out issues and opportunities, analyzing them and implementing proposals from inception to completion.
Advise and work with regional management, senior finance and legal personnel, treasury, controllership and other Accenture Global Tax Group (GTG) members globally on a full range of VAT matters. The job has various aspects, ranging from routine consultation and review to the structuring of significant transactions.
- Advise on VAT efficient structuring of complex and cross-border client engagements, working with the various internal business stakeholders and external advisors if needed
- Provide VAT technical support, and work in collaboration with Accenture’s in-house VAT compliance centre of excellence to manage and oversee Accenture’s VAT compliance for Europe
- Manage Accenture’s response to the increasingly digitalised VAT compliance requirements being adopted by tax authorities globally. Plan and drive the projects to ensure the business remains in compliance. Communication of changes with the wider business stakeholders
- Provide VAT advisory services to the wider Accenture business including both client facing teams and internal finance, legal and other partners
- Arrange and manage the input of external professional advisers where support is required
- Provide VAT technical support on local tax controversy matters such as responding to tax authority queries, leading VAT audits and responding to compliance reviews.
- Run Accenture’s VAT Internal Control Framework both in terms of carrying out the controls and continuous improvement of the Framework to ensure full compliance with VAT law
- Providing VAT support related to M&A transactions including resolution of VAT issues identified during due diligence, deal structuring and post-acquisition VAT compliance integration
A recognised general tax or specialist VAT qualification with a minimum of 4 years VAT experience, preferably with a multinational business. The job requires a background at least equivalent to a tax manager in a Big 4 tax department, law firm or in-house VAT department.
- Self starter with the ability to work well in a fluid and exciting environment;
- Experience in dealing with the highest levels of management;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organisational and leadership skills;
- Strong ability to cooperate in a group
- Language skills are an advantage.
- SAP experience is an advantage
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Click on Apply to submit your application.