Associate at Maples Group – Dublin office
Job posted date - 20 April 2021
Job location - Dublin
The Maples Group is a leading international law firm offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services from its offices in Dublin, London, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong, Jersey, Luxembourg and Shanghai. Maples Group is also an independent provider of fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with an enterprising and client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to our client specific needs. The global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
Maples and Calder, the law firm of the Maples Group in Dublin has an opportunity for a newly qualified or junior associate to join its Tax group.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of and contribute to a collegiate and focused team. The award winning Tax group includes several of Ireland's leading tax lawyers and offers an opportunity to develop your technical excellence and commercial expertise. The team advises Irish and international clients on all Irish tax issues, including corporate tax, VAT and employment taxes as well as working with our global offices on many international tax issues and innovative investment structures. Our clients include leading investment funds, banks and corporates. As part of a global team, the role provides an exciting opportunity to advise clients on EU and international tax developments.
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate's qualifications and experience will include:
- A traineeship and relevant experience gained within a top-tier corporate law firm in Ireland, the UK or internationally;
- A strong academic background, with excellent written communication and drafting skills;
- Up to three years' post qualification tax law experience;
- The ability to work as part of a team and take an active part in sharing knowledge and experience within the team; and
- All candidates must be eligible to work within the Republic of Ireland.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to LegalCareers@maples.com