Assistant Tax Manager – International Tax
Job posted date: 13 March 2023
Mazars is a leading professional services firm in Ireland with ambitious growth plans and over 600 staff based in Dublin, Galway and Limerick. As an internationally integrated partnership, we operate in over 95 countries and territories around the world and draw on the expertise of over 47,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We are looking for a tax AM to join our International Tax Group. Working in this group, you will be working on global household name clients. From the beginning, you will be working on and have an awareness of all issues the client is addressing. While corporate tax will be your core focus, you will not be limited to it. You will get to work on VAT and employment tax consultancy issues for your client as they arise.
You will work closely with the Partners and senior management, enabling you to develop your technical and commercial knowledge. The candidate will be required to work with clients from a range of industries. This position will suit an ambitious individual with experience in the provision of practical and innovative corporate tax based business solutions.
- Working with the Partners and the management team on advising clients on potential structures suitable for their business, transfer pricing and profit repatriations;
- Acting as a key member of an integrated client service team working on a wide range of assignments including tax advisory projects;
- Assisting in leading and delivering end to end transactional work across an array of tax advisory engagements to include project managing tax planning assignments to ensure timely delivery;
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for a portfolio of corporate and personal tax clients;
- Assisting the management team in maintaining and developing the firm’s relationship with a portfolio of clients including co-ordination of service offerings from other departments;
- Involvement in peer wide training;
- Involvement in business development and marketing initiatives.
- AITI qualified and/or a qualified accountant with 2/3 years post qualification experience
- Currently working as a senior or an Assistant Manager in a practice environment
- Experience of working on corporation tax compliance and on tax consultancy assignments
- Experience of working with high net worth individuals and personal tax clients on personal tax compliance and on tax consultancy assignments
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with Irish Tax regulations
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
Block 3 Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0)1 firstname.lastname@example.org