Assistant Tax Manager at UHY Farrelly Dawe White
Location: Balbriggan office, Dublin
Job posted date: 19 February 2020
We are a growing accountancy firm looking for a part qualified or recently qualified tax person to join our tax team in our Balbriggan office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to cut down their commute.
We are seeking an ambitious part qualified or recently qualified tax person with 1-2 years' experience in tax, with a view to moving into a Senior role within the practice within two to three years.
We put a high focus on work-life balance and prefer to promote internally, opening opportunities for fast career progression.
- Assisting in the management of a mixed portfolio of clients.
- Working as a member of the tax compliance team, your main responsibility will be to draft income tax, corporation tax and VAT computations & returns in accordance with Irish tax legislation and company law requirements.
- Providing timely and accurate information to clients on ongoing tax issues.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities.
- Research in relation to client taxation issues.
- Conducting tax audits on client premises.
- Various ad hoc duties and responsibilities as directed by management.
- Part-qualified (minimum part 2’s complete) or recently qualified AITI and/or ACCA/ACA/CPA
- 1-2 years experience working in tax practice. This may suit someone with experience working in an accountancy practice looking to specialise in tax.
- A good understanding and knowledge of personal tax and relevant legislation.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence in dealing with people and strong client-facing skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For anyone interest in applying for this position please contact Niall Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.