Accounting & Tax Manager
Job posted date: 22 February 2022
Job location: Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
The role and its responsibilities
The role is in the traditional practice accountant mould – multi-faceted requiring a dynamic skill set and a ‘can do’ approach. In short, the role will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Management and training of other team members.
- Direct management of a portfolio of compliance clients (accounting, income tax, corporation tax, etc).
- Management of some larger compliance cases for partner review.
- Completion of advisory work for a wide variety of clients under the headings of taxation, restructuring, business planning, succession planning and myriad other areas. The partners will support, guide and assist in this work where necessary.
- Attracting new business.
- Management of billing on relevant cases.
- A degree (ideally, but not necessarily, in accounting, business, commerce, finance or related discipline).
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA and/or CTA).
- Relevant experience, with some of same being post-qualification.
- A strong work ethic.
- Unimpeachable integrity.
- An ambition to contribute to growing a business.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What does the role offer you?
- An executive place in a firm which has achieved exceptional growth and which is well placed to continue to do so, providing the successful candidate with a unique opportunity.
- A respectful, tight-knit and supportive working environment, with access to a high-quality team.
- A role which gives the successful candidate an appropriate balance of autonomy, support and guidance, and which eschews micromanagement.
- Full training as regards IT and internal systems, and detailed client by client briefing at the outset.
- A competitive package, with strong opportunities for continued increased earnings for the right candidate.
- A private, single occupant office in a well-appointed building.
Applications to: Lisa Condon at firstname.lastname@example.org