The Irish Tax Institute’s Third-Level Scholarship is open for applicants.
This scholarship is for Leaving Cert students who are interested in tax as a career and need financial support to progress through college. It offers the successful applicant an opportunity to
- receive some financial assistance through their third-level education,
- have a place the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) programme after their degree,
- be mentored and supported by the Irish Tax Institute, and
- add to their CV.
Who is eligible to apply?
Leaving Cert students in the Republic of Ireland who:
- are interested in a career in tax and committed to entering the exciting and dynamic world of tax
- require financial support to progress to third-level
- feel they will achieve at least 420 points in the Leaving Cert 2022
- will study a relevant third-level undergraduate degree
Mature students who are applying to study a relevant qualification may also apply.
How to apply for the scholarship?
Applicants must be nominated by their school guidance counsellor, principal, or teacher by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The Institute will issue the application forms to be filled and returned by 30 June 2022.
The application forms include:
- a 300-word profile from the student as to why they should receive the scholarship; and
- a recommendation letter from their school guidance counsellor, principal, teacher or other relevant school personnel.
Once the student receives their Leaving Cert results later in the year, they should to send these to email@example.com.