Frequently Asked Questions
- When do I get access to Blackboard?
You will receive access to Blackboard course when you have fully registered on one of the programmes:
AITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualification
Tax Technician Qualification
Certificates and Diplomas
All Irish Tax Institute students have limited access to Blackboard
- What username and password do I use to login to Blackboard?
You can use your Irish Tax Institute Student/Member number and password to login to Blackboard. Please note that unlike the website, Blackboard is case sensitive so if you change your password on the website and use CAPS you will need to use CAPS each time you login to Blackboard.
- What happens if I forget my username or password?
Click here, enter your email address and we will send you a reminder of your login details.
- Can I change my own password?
Yes, but as your password must be the same for both MyITI, TaxFind & Blackboard login to your MyITI page here to change your password and it will be changed for all three systems.
- What will I have access to on Blackboard?
For each subject you will have online access to lectures (both recorded and live where available), lecture materials, manuals and past papers. In addition, discussion forums provide students with a space to interact and collaborate with each other. Students can also keep track of their own progress, marking content they have reviewed and testing their knowledge by completing self-test quizzes as they monitor their studies.
- What should I see when I login?
If you are a fully registered AITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or Tax Technician student you should see your Student Resources Tab. From there you can see any new announcements, access a range of educational resources or link directly to your modules. You should also see a second tab specific to your Part or to the Tax Technician programme where you can link to your modules, online only modules & professional skills workshops resources. If you are a student but not registered on a course you will have access to Assessment information and student resources.
If you are a Certificate or Diploma student you should see the Professional Development tab. From there you can access a range of resources and link directly to your course.
- What if I don't have access to the correct course and/or modules?
First check that you are fully registered on the correct course and subjects as Blackboard access will not be granted until this process is complete. If you have fully registered and you still do not have access to the correct content then contact your Course Coordinator.
- What do I do if I experience a technical problem using Blackboard or opening content on Blackboard?
First refer to these FAQs and the System Guidance & Helpful Resources Section to check your system requirements & to access troubleshooting tips. If this does not resolve your issue then contact your Course Coordinator.
- What do I do if Blackboard is unavailable?
From time to time we need to undertake essential maintenance of Blackboard. To minimise disruption to students, when possible we try and confine maintenance to take place between the 12.00am & 6.00am. Please bear in mind when planning your studies that Blackboard availability may be at risk during these times.
If Blackboard is unavailable during office hours contact your course coordinator directly. If it is unavailable outside of office hours please email or call +353 16631700 and leave a voicemail and we will revert as soon as possible.
- When will my Blackboard access be removed?
When you are no longer registered on a programme your blackboard course access will be removed. Once you register for the next year of your course or another course you will be given access again.
- Can I contact my lecturer through Blackboard?
No. If you have a question for your lecturer please direct it to your course coordinator.
- Who do I contact if I have any other general queries about my course?
First refer to your student manual and if this does not answer your question contact your Course Coordinator.
In section you will find online demonstrations and tutorials about using Blackboard Learn
- A quick guide for AITI & Tax Technician Students on navigating Blackboard Learn - Click Here to watch
- About Part 3 pre-recorded online lectures - Click Here to watch
- Using Discussion Forums - Click Here to watch
- Accessing your Free Online CPD - Click Here to watch
Certificates & Diplomas
- A quick guide for Certificates & Diplomas students on navigating Blackboard Learn - Click Here to watch
Login to Blackboard Learn
System Requirements & Helpful Resources
Hardware & Software Requirements
- A live Internet connection. Blackboard will perform satisfactorily at dial-up speed (56Kbps or better), but high-speed internet access will offer the best experience.
- A modern web browser (see Supported Internet Browsers).
- Monitor: For the best experience, access Blackboard at 1024x768 resolution or higher.
- The Blackboard site can be accessed from tablets and mobile devices. However, please note that you may not experience the same level of functionality as when using your computer's supported browser and some types of content may not be compatible with mobile devices.
You also have the option to purchase the Blackboard Mobile Learn App.
- Because Blackboard is a web-based application, it has no other minimum hardware requirements.
Blackboard Help & Resources
Blackboard Student Help
On Demand Learning Center: The On Demand Learning Center includes dozens of video tutorials and Getting Started Guides to help faculty and students learn how to use Blackboard Learn.
YouTube Blackboard Channel: You can also browse the Blackboard YouTube channel for other videos, including the "Quick Hit" videos, many of which are featured on this site.
Online Lectures Information & Technical Requirements
Live and recorded online lectures will now be placed on Blackboard Learn. We do our very best to ensure that online lectures are accessible to students on a wide range of browsers & devices. We strongly recommend that you you read the following Online Lecture FAQs & Technical Guidance relevant to your course before accessing online lectures.
AITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) Part 1, 2 & 3
Tax Technician & Certificate Diplomas
Issues viewing Video Content on Blackboard? Due to recent browser security measure updates some online lecture video content may not be loading correctly in your browser, leaving you with a blank screen. Please click here for instructions regarding fixing your browser settings so that you can view content.
Blackboard Downtime and At Risk Periods
From time to time we need to undertake essential maintenance of Blackboard. To minimise disruption to students when possible we try and confine maintenance to take place between the 12.00am & 6.00am. Please bear in mind when planning your studies that Blackboard availability may be at risk during these times.
The Institute does its very best to ensure that Blackboard Learn and the content contained on the learning management system is available to students at all times. Unfortunately we cannot not guarantee constant availability and we can accept no liability for downtime or access failure due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including any failure by ISP, system provider or end-user fault).
1. What username and password do I use to login to Blackboard?
To access Blackboard Learn use your Irish Tax Institute login credentials, your username, which is your membership number, and password.
Please note that unlike the website, Blackboard is case sensitive so if you change your password on the website and use CAPS you will need to use CAPS each time you login to Blackboard.
Also when logging on to Blackboard Learn you do not put any zeros before your member number. For example if you member number is 213 enter 213 as your username in Blackboard Learn.
2. What happens if I forget my username or password?
Click here enter your email address and we will send you a reminder of your login details.
3. Can I change my own password?
Yes. Login to your MyITI page here to change your password and it will be changed for 'myiti' and TaxFind.
4. What will I have access to on Blackboard?
All Irish Tax Institute Members now have access to their free online CPD courses on Blackboard Learn along with other useful online resources such as the ITR, the Daily Tax News & Revenue eBrief RSS Feeds and more. If you register to attend a Certificate or Diploma Course you will be given online access to lectures (both recorded and live where available), lecture materials, manuals and past papers.
If you purchase an on-demand online seminar you will be given access to the seminar recording and materials on Blackboard Learn. Click here to access more information about online seminars.
5. What should I see when I login?
When you first login you should see the Resources Tab & if you are a Member the Free Online CPD Tab. Links to purchased online seminars and certificate/diploma courses will be listed under the 'Course List' module on the Resources Tab.
6. What do I do if I experience a technical problem using Blackboard or opening content on Blackboard?
First refer to these FAQs and the System Guidance & Helpful Resources Section of this page to check your system requirements & to access troubleshooting tips. If this does not resolve your issue then contact the Institute directly on +353 1 6631700.